UPDATED STINGRAY COVID-19 PROTOCOL
July 24, 2020
Beginning on Friday, July 24th we will be requiring masks for everyone entering the gym to include Allstar teams, school teams, tumbling classes, private lessons, etc. Our Allstar athletes have been wearing a mask the duration of their 2 hour practice since the beginning of July and they have been doing a great job making it through. The athletes mask must be put on upon exiting the vehicle as we want to avoid any non-social distancing without masks. We are going to commit to at least one month of this protocol. We have observed with our teams that the athletes can safely condition, stunt and tumble with masks, provided they fit correctly. We will still take masks breaks periodically when the athletes are safely social distancing. This will also help to minimize the risk of exposure if an athlete or a coach tests positive. If everyone is wearing masks, then we are hopeful that we will not have to quarantine the entire team or class if there is a positive test.
We understand that not everyone believes in mask, but we are committed to the safest environment possible. We want to give our best effort to make a difference in our community. Our reasons for requiring masks are nothing more than for the safety of our athletes, coaches and everyone they encounter. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to email me, [email protected]. Thank you for your understanding and continued support.
The JC Rays Staff
July 6, 2020
Hello Stingray Nation!
We hope that everyone was able to enjoy a fun and safe break. We are excited to get back to work in the gym this week. We will continue to reinforce our previous COVID-19 protocols and we will also be implementing some new protocols further discussed below. While we are all excited to try and get back to a form of normalcy, we have to remember that we simply are not living in normal times, so we have to respond accordingly.
The safety of our athletes, families, and staff is our top priority. If we run into an outbreak among athletes/staff, it could cause us to close temporarily. Please keep this in mind as you read over the old and new protocols. We are doing everything we can to ensure we stay open so our athletes can continue participating in the sport they love.
- Athletes will be required to wear masks prior to entry and exit of the building. Coaches will be monitoring outside and will be asking athletes to put on a mask if they are not wearing one.
- Stunting will be kept to a max of 60 minutes per regularly scheduled practices. We will plan multiple breaks while stunting in which the athletes will re-sanitize and remove their masks with proper social distancing. Athletes will be allowed to take a step away from the group to take a break with no mask at any point they feel necessary.
- If you or your athlete are not comfortable with wearing a mask while stunting, we respect your decision. However, your athlete will not be able to participate in stunting. They will still be required to wear a mask upon entry and exit of the building. Please inform your athlete’s team coaches so they can make sure to make an alternative plan to keep all athletes engaged.
What’s The Same?
- We ask that athletes keep personal belongings brought into the gym to a minimum. Please do not bring backpacks into the gym.
- Parent viewing area will remain closed.
- We will continue to be proactive in cleaning our mats between each use.
- We will continue to take temperatures upon entry to the building and encourage use of hand sanitizer before, during, and after time spent at the gym.
- All staff members are required to wear masks while coaching, especially when coaching within a 6-foot radius of the athletes.
- If your athlete is experiencing any sort of symptoms that could be related to COVID-19, we ask that you do NOT come to the gym.
- If you know you or a member of your household has been directly exposed to someone with a positive test result, please email [email protected]. We will need you to receive a negative test result prior to returning to the gym following exposure. Please know, these absences will not be counted against you.
- We will continue to ask health and safety questions prior to entry to the gym. Please go over these questions with your athlete prior to attendance. If they can not honestly answer “NO” to all questions, we advise to keep them home and email [email protected] so we can help evaluate the situation.
- Have you traveled outside of the United States in the last 14 days?
- Have you been in contact with anyone known to have been exposed to or infected with COVID-19?
- Have you had a fever or any lower respiratory symptoms such as cough or shortness of breath in the last 14 days?
- Have you attended any events or gatherings with more than 75 people in the last 14 days?
- Are you experiencing the onset of any new cold symptoms such as cough, runny nose, or vomiting?
We know that this is going to be a challenging year, but we are up for the challenge to keep these athletes involved in the sport they love. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out, [email protected].
The JC Rays Staff
June 9, 2020
Stingray Protocol, we are still adhering to most of the social distancing protocol that we already have in place.
- It is highly encouraged that you take your athlete’s temperature at home, if there is a fever or any symptoms or any exposure to someone that has been exposed to COVID-19, please STAY HOME. We will also continue to take instructor and athlete temperature prior to entry.
- Coaches and athletes will hand sanitize before and after practice/lesson.
- Check-in for classes and practice will remain the same.
- After athlete exits the car, please make sure to wait until your athlete enters the building. Employees and athletes ONLY inside the building.
- Athletes can have personal hand sanitizer, one bottle of water and cell phone (keys if applicable). No back packs allowed. NO FOOD! Personal items will remain near athlete.
- There will be no stunting. Keep social distance. The gym will be cleaned every hour. Athletes will exit through side door.
- NO Bathrooms! Please make sure your athlete goes to bathroom prior to practice. If an athlete needs to use the bathroom for an emergency, they will be asked to wipe down the stall.
- Coaches will continue to wear face masks when in a 20 foot proximity of athletes.
- The lobby will remain closed. If you need something from the Pro Shop, please email [email protected]
- NEW: There will be limited spotting in Private lessons with parental approval. If you are not comfortable with spotting, you or your child should inform the coach prior to the lesson.
- NEW: Level practices/ team practices, we will begin doing cross tumbling and side to side tumbling. We will be sure to continue observing social distancing.
- There will still be NO spotting in classes. Please make sure you are signed up for the correct class and the correct level. If you have any questions regarding your level, please ask an instructor. We will NOT be permitting athletes to drop into a class that is not their correct level. When you request a drop-in you should receive two emails; one confirming your request, and the second (most important) approving your request. Athlete will not be allowed in class if their request is not approved. Our new schedule is out and ready! We will be slowly adding classes where we see necessary.
- If you have any questions, please email [email protected]. Understand as we slowly make these protocol adjustments, we are keeping the athletes and employees safety and health our number one concern!
We are so happy to get this season rolling, this is going to be an extraordinary year!
The JC Rays Staff